NPO/NGO in United Kingdom, East Midlands
United Kingdom, East Midlands
Our Mission: Shark and marine conservation worldwide through education programs, research projects and exciting diving expeditions
- United KingdomShark Guardian presentations to schoolsShark Guardian gives presentations to approximately 20,000 children a year worldwide regarding sharks and conservation. Shark Guardian presentations are highly educational, entertaining and fun! All presentations link perfectly with ongoing school subjects and projects on conservation, sustainability, endangered species, human impacts and of course, what we can do to help sharks and other marine species. Shark Guardian school presentations are organized worldwide either by personal visits or by Skype sessions
- United KingdomShark Guardian presentations for diversThroughout the year Shark Guardian hosts a variety of events including presentations in public locations, talks on dive boats or in dive centers. For divers we share education and awareness regarding snorkeling or diving with sharks and rays following good codes of conduct. In additions to diving with sharks we also encourage divers and snorkelers to take part in our on going research projects.
- United KingdomShark Guardian Dive Center RegistrationThe Shark Guardian Dive Center is a unique recognition only awarded to dive centers who play an active role in shark and marine conservation. Shark Guardian Dive Centers are partners of Shark Guardian and are included in an extensive network of dive operations around the world. Receive specific Shark Guardian education materials and tools to use in your dive shop while participating in Shark Guardian events and projects. For more info: http://www.sharkguardian.org/shark-guardian-dive-center/
- United KingdomCommunity Science & Research ProjectsShark Guardian works and collaborates with leading marine biologists and researchers in the following projects: - eShark & eOceans - Spot the Leopard Shark Project - Whale Shark Project You can participate and contribute to any of these projects from anywhere in the world. For more information please visit our website.
- United KingdomShark Education & Research ExpeditionsJoin Shark Guardian on one of our research expeditions to learn more about sharks and actively contribute to shark research. Destinations include: South Africa - Diving with Sand Tiger sharks, Blacktip sharks, Hammerheads, Bull sharks, Tiger sharks, 7 Gill sharks and Great White sharks Thailand - Diving with Blacktip Reef sharks, Zebra Sharks, Whale Sharks and Manta Rays Indonesia (Komodo) - Diving with Blacktip Reef sharks, White Tip Reef sharks, Manta Rays and Grey Reef sharks More coming soon!